Alternative to Conservatorship Discussion
Far Northern will be conducting information sessions on a quarterly basis, to talk about Alternative to Conservatorships. The information is designed for anyone who has questions on this topic, including family members of Far Northern clients who are teenagers or adults, teachers, interested community members and teens or adults who receive Far Northern services.
During the training we will talk about:
- What it means to be Person Centered and why it’s important
- Choice, Risk and Change
- Far Northern’ s history with regard to conservatorship
- Far Northern’ s philosophy with regard to conservatorship
- Common difficulties with regard to conservatorship and myth-busting
- Rights of conservatee
- Alternatives to conservatorship such as Power of Attorney and Supported Decision Making
- Trainings sessions to be held on Zoom. Check out the Current Events section of our website: www.farnorthernrc.org
Presenters will be Office of Clients Rights Advocacy Attorney Kimberlee Candela, Far Northern Associate Director Larry Withers and Case Management Supervisor Rachael Newkirk.